USCG Lighthouse Pennant
On this date July 7, 1939, "the Lighthouse Bureau went out of existence and all was moved to the Coast Guard Headquarters.
1939 marked the one hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the Lighthouse Service and by a joint resolution of Congress, signed by the President on May 15, which was known as Public Resolution No. 16. By this resolution the week of August 7, 1939, was designated lighthouse week."